1.1 Network's management definition
The project aims to:
- define the network's joint management system and to
- create and implement the ECO-NautiNET's web-based platform, core of the transnational cooperation.
Following the joint management system already described, so triple helix participation, the platform will have different access targeted to three different typology of user needs:
- - Business Support Organization and their internal brokers' daily work
- - SMEs and their tutors/facilitators
- - Research Institutes
Finally, as specific sector dedicated to transferability of the ECO-NautiNET's network, called "Getting started" will facilitate the joining of the joint methodology, collecting e-learning materials developed under the Work Package “Involvement of SMEs and Networking training” for a quick start.
This internal user's organization is structured in order to guarantee high usability "3 click to target mode" to their goal. After the access, each user will find a set of tools tailor-made on his specific needs, avoiding waste of time in searching.
As example, each SME will find after his access (and creation of the company's profile):
- Company's Profile, services and products offered
- Partner/product search (request for services direct to his local broker)
- Best Available Technologies (BAT) and innovative services/products (in the specific Company's Sector) and the direct contact to researchers.
Specific templates will be realized, adapt to moderate and facilitate interpretation among the ECO-NautiNET's network.
Each user will have also direct access, in every sector, to specific "step to step" e-guides, helping them in case of problems in using a specific internal tool.
As the final goal is to obtain sustainability and transferability after the project end, the platform will be stored in UniZAG FSB servers and continuous upgraded (following suggestion during implementation Work Package titled “Launch and testing of the network”) during the project lifetime to facilitate the joining of non-participating countries.
1.2 Transnational working groups enterprises/research
Partners will involve (at local level) strategic stakeholders and take part to the transnational working groups aiming at collecting the needs and expectations on the platform’s objectives and tools. Agreement on the ECO-NautiNET model of Network’s joint management system based on the triple helix participation (Business Support Organizations, SMEs, research institutes) and on the three involved levels (facilitators/tutors/brokers). A final list of tool per type of user (Business Support Organizations, SMEs, research institutes) will be the basis for the development of the platform by UNIZAG.
The ECO-NautiNET project foresees two transnational working groups to be organized aiming to facilitate the involvement of strategic stakeholders in the definition of the Network's joint management system.
More specifically one transnational working group is foreseen to be organized in Patras, Greece and one in Dubrovnik, Croatia.
In both transnational working groups the project partners will exchange information with strategic stakeholders aiming to develop a consensus in an important aspect regarding the Management of Network, the operation of the Network and to foresee several issues regarding the members obligations and rights.
1.3 Deliverable Agreement on ECO-NautiNET model of Network's joint management system
The ECO-NautiNET project will deliver a model for the Network's joint management system.
Each participant in the ECO-NautiNET model will sign an agreement to respect specific terms and conditions regarding the use of the common methodology and tools for transnational cooperation.
In the specific deliverable will be prepared the agreement and will be defined all the details aiming to establish a proper and sustainable working environment for the network.
The key point is to identify all the functional/ethical/operational issues for each participant (facilitator, tutor, broker, SME, researcher, etc.) and to eliminate cases of misuse. The final deliverable will be a document specifying the terms and conditions per participant.
2. Description of the ECO-NautiNET Network
The aim of the ECO-NautiNET Network is to improve the competitiveness and innovation of SMEs in the maritime sector and related sectors (materials, repairs, fuel, catering, etc.) in the wider Adriatic - Ionian region.
The desired improvement will result from the synergies of the SMEs between them and with research institutes. The role of Research Institutes is related to not only evaluate and promote to SMEs the best available technologies of the specific sector, but also to offer innovative concepts and initial research for development.
The development of a business support network with innovative features, training as well as mediation and networking between enterprises will facilitate the specific innovation transfer and will increase the competitiveness of its members.
Main emphasis of the network is related to the implementation of specific possibilities for cooperation on product and process innovation between SMEs in the ADRION zone.
Business support organizations will play an important role in the sustainability and expansion of the network by promoting the core elements of the Network's common management and operation system, which is:
- Facilitators, supporters of the creation and expansion of the Network. The Facilitators will act as Network Ambassadors in the Adriatic-Ionian region and aim to attract SMEs to the network.
- Tutors, who will undertake the training of SMEs in the operation of the Network and the exploitation of its tools.
- Brokers, who will take on the day-to-day support of Network members and serve the internationalization of SMEs.
The vision of the ECO-NautiNET network is to build on the heritage and prospects of the Maritime Sector, bringing together SMEs from different regions and giving them access to the best available technologies offered by research organizations to increase their competitiveness.
The main objective of the ECO-NautiNET network is to establish a network between SMEs, Research Organisations and Business Support Organisations from different regions of Adriatic – Ionian Area.
The operation of the network aims to:
- deliver an effective and stable cooperation between SMEs and / or research institutions through a common management system in order to improve competitiveness and innovation in the maritime sector and other related sectors,
- facilitate collaborations between different stakeholders such as Chambers, SMEs, Associations and Development Organizations, with a view to developing a trans-national and common Adriatic-Ionian network.
- facilitate the work of the key players in innovation in supporting the internationalization of local SMEs.
2.2 Members of the network
The Members of the network are:
- SMEs of the nautical and other related sectors
- Research Organisations offering Best Available Technologies related to the interests of the SMEs
- Business Support Organizations interested to facilitate the synergies between entrepreneurship and innovation production focusing on the internationalization of the SMEs.
All the members of the Network constitute the “Agents of Change”, which will be the important critical mass to communicate the key message “that something has changed” and to distribute to target groups (Best Available Technology owners, SMEs, Academia, Policy Makers, BSOs, etc.) the project tools.
They will become the mean to facilitate the “change” of nautical sector through the deployment of the project methodology and tools.
2.3 Role Analysis
ECO-NautiNET’s methodology foresees thee specific roles in the organization and operation of the network.
These roles are the “Facilitator”, the “Tutor” and the “Broker”.
- The Facilitator will promote the concept of the network and will attract the interest of the SMEs and Researchers to join. The Facilitators are important especially in the first phase of the project, since they will operate as “ambassadors” of the network.
- Tutors will be responsible to train the SMEs to exploit the tools and services of the networks and minimize the time needed for an SME to gain the maximum benefit from its participation to the network. Additionally, ECONautiNET’s methodology will train the innovative position called "Network's broker" as final phase of the Work Package “Involvement of SMEs and Networking training”.
- The “broker” will be the key operator of the network facilitating the dayto-day work and more specifically will be responsible to monitor the requests and match the offers with demands. In addition, the “broker” will facilitate the internationalization of SMEs finding partners from the entire network area.
SMEs representatives will be one of the key stakeholders of the ECO-NautiNET’s network. More specifically SMEs representatives are able to act as “Facilitators”, which will be properly trained to promote the network. The SMEs will also be the members of the network gaining the most profits from their participation to it, since that they will have the possibility to facilitate their level of access to Best Available Technologies of their sector offered by Research Organisations.
2.4 Responsibilities – Obligations and Privileges of the members
The specific section details the main responsibilities, obligations and privileges of the members of the network. It will consist a document named “General Terms & Conditions of the ECO-NautiNET Network”.
General Terms & Conditions of the ECO-NautiNET Network
The ECO-NautiNET Network (‘we’ or ‘us’ or ‘network’) offers the possibility to:
- SMEs of the nautical and related sectors (‘SME’)
- Research Organisations and / or any entity with proven capacity to produce research results in the nautical and related sectors (‘Research Organisations’) and to
- Business Support Organisation,
which are established in the Adriatic – Ionian Region to become members of the ECO-NautiNET network.
By registering as a member or by using the services of the network in any way, you accept these Terms of Service ("Agreement"), which forms a binding agreement between you and the ECO-NautiNET Network.
- Objective of the ECO-NautiNET Network
- Build on the heritage and prospects of the Maritime and related Sectors, bringing together SMEs from different regions and giving them access to the best available technologies offered by research organizations to increase their competitiveness
- Membership fee
There is no membership fee.
- Responsibilities and Obligations of a member
- Each member (SMEs, Research Organisations and Business Support Organisations) is responsible to generate and maintain its account on the web platform of the network, which is the main tool for the operation of the network.
- Members are responsible for keeping their own information accurate and up to date.
- Any business between members is on their own risk. The Network is not responsible for any transactions between members. Use common sense when going into business with someone.
- Each member is responsible and obliged for proper use of information listed on the network’s platform. The Network is not responsible for abuse of this information or for any damages resulting from the use of this information
- In case of abuse of the services of the platform after registration, the account owner will be contacted and asked for clarification. Failure to alleviate charges of fraud may result in the termination of the member’s account.
- Each member is responsible for the content that uploads to the platform. For each piece of content that a member submits, the member represents and warrants that: it has the right to submit the content to the Network and grant the licenses set forth above; the Network will not need to obtain licenses from any third party or pay royalties to any third party; the content does not infringe any third party's rights, including intellectual property rights and privacy rights; and the content complies with this Agreement and all applicable laws.
- Users of the Services will operate in a lawful, ethical and professional manner. Users shall conduct themselves in a fair, responsible and businesslike manner at all times and will avoid any discourteous, deceptive, misleading or unethical practices. You are solely responsible for any information and / or data you leave on our platform.
- The network does not control content posted and does not guarantee the accuracy, integrity or quality of the content.
- Under no circumstances will the network be liable in any way for any content, including but not limited to any errors or omissions in any content or any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of any content posted or otherwise made available via the Platform or the Services.
- Examples of unethical or unlawful activities include, but are not limited to the following:
- False, misleading or disparaging statements of any kind including but not limited to about the network or its members;
- Any unauthorized use of the name, logo, trademark or copyrighted material of the network or its members, or any other person or entity;
- Violation of any state or local laws or regulations;
- Member information and reputation
The ECO-NautiNET Network provides an on-line platform of nautical and related sectors SMEs, Research Organisations and Business Support Organisations. We run a reasonable quality check on our members, but cannot guarantee their reputation.
3. Tools of the network
Tools are available for each of the user profiles and roles, to enable and facilitate the work of each participant/member and to provide functionality to the platform.
Members can be SMEs, Research Organizations or Innovators offering Best Available Technologies and their innovative research and Business Support Organizations interested to facilitate the internationalization of the SMEs.
All users sign in to the network through creating a detailed profile of their institution or company. This profile includes basic information about the company, short description, list of interests and also provides the space for presentation (through pictures, documents or data) of the most interesting products.
Major tools are:
- general account search
- list of interests (major interests and minor interests), which influences the search and notifications which can be toggled on/off
- search mechanism (per topic of interest), which can search through materials, data repository and documents of the network
- Network Calendar (to organize their work and meetings inside the ECO-NautiNET network), which includes events for the whole network and option to input and follow personal events and meetings with members of the network, including e-mail notification
- “innovators pocket” – additional space for innovation on the platform, dedicated to data and descriptions of the innovations the user offers to the network
- Network statistics – users can see how many and which type of users are present at the platform
- Request match tool – toggle on/off – user can ask for the help of the broker to create connections outside their area
Each user builds profile, which is either SME, BSO or Researcher in principle. Depending on the role the user has on the platform, tools on their disposal in accordance to their needs expressed through the activities of the ECO-NautiNET project (Work package 2, Activity 2.1). General account search, search mechanism and network statistics is on disposal for all users.
4. Terms and Conditions for the members
The ECO-NautiNET platform works as a platform supplied with data and profiles of the network members. By using this platform, you agree to the storage and processing of your data on the platform in accordance with the GDPR. It may not be available 24/7 for technical, legal or operational reasons. The Provider can also suspend your access at any time in our sole discretion without responsibility to you. You use the network services at your own risk and neither the Provider nor the Network Operator is responsible to you for any damages, losses, costs or expenses you suffer because the network services are unavailable, does not operate as expected or causes loss or damage to any data.
The terms are accomplished with their applicability to laws and regulations that are to be read understood and should bound themselves in their terms.
Two categories of data exist on the platform (owner chooses the licence):
- Public use – user allows for such data to be distributed freely on the internet. Profile can also be “public” or “private” (visible only to researchers from the field of interest which was defined by the user)
- Network confidential - users are prohibited to copy, modify, display or transmit the information from this website to other websites or to publish the data provided from other participants/network members without prior agreement on cooperation. The information, data or software with data base or other services should not be leaked for any commercial advantage.
One has to accept the terms and policies of the platform for its usage. All the content that is available within the platform is completely owned by network members who published the content and the sole membership in the network does not grant any permission to any copy rights or patents.
The usage of the platform will terminate automatically if any violation observed in the terms and notices. The usage is completely at the users own risk as the website may contain inaccuracies or errors technically. The services and the information provided in the site can be modified without any prior notice. The user can continue to use the website only if you accept the modified agreement.